01 December 2010

Feather Me This...

I've got one word for you. That word is "feathers." Ok, bear with me here ("me" being Mallory). I'm not talking about the ones that stick out of your pillow that are more painful than relaxing, and I'm certainly not talking about Big Bird. The feathers I'm referring to are the ones dangling elegantly from the hem of a dress or adorning a pair of pumps. I'm talking about feathers that make you feel like your tank top is a little more special than the three pack of undershirts your dad bought at Target. I'm talking about Fall 2010. What's that you say? You want to see examples? Well I just so happen to have some- with links to where you can find them. 


Top Shop Capelet
Givenchy Tank



Plenty of celebrities, from Jennifer Lopez and Madonna to Anne Hathaway and Blake Lively, have embraced the look. One pint sized celebrity duo has even added them to some garments in their clothing line. Cast your eyes upon this lovely little number from Mary Kate and Ashley's line, Elizabeth and James.

Elizabeth and James Blazer

My personal style philosophy is that the difference between a good outfit and an ultra-spectacular outfit is the addition of a little risk. That said, I'm aware that not everyone feels that way. If you fall into the second category, there are plenty of more subtle options out there. Try testing the waters with a feather charm or barely-there embellishments. Even a feather clutch could look like just a textured fabric before you get a close up view. 


Gap Necklace

Christys of London Bowler Hat

Coach Clutch
Maison Martin Marglela Clutch



Of course, in the spirit of saving the best for last, I have well...saved my favorites (aka the best!) for last. These last two are, sort of, to die for. Either paired with a collared shirt would make an excellent Christmas party ensemble. 

Top Shop Skirt

Rebecca Taylor Dress

Even if you don't happen to find that perfect-for-you feathered piece, you can still support the 2010 feather movement. Check out my personal contribution!

All the feathers shown can be found in Hobby Lobby's floral department.






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...