24 February 2011

Floral and Demin and Stripes! Oh My!

Top- Forever 21, Cardigan- Aerie, Jeans- J Brand, Boots- Antonio Melani
Today I kind of took a big step. For the first time, I ventured into the realm of mixed patterns. I was a bit nervous about the whole thing and checked myself at least seven times in the mirror before leaving the house this morning.


"Get over yourself, Mallory." That's what you're thinking, isn't it? I would be too. However this is a sort of a tricky subject. As we know prints are a big part of Spring 2011, and mixing them is certainly a bit avant garde. But there's really only one place that a woman could be considered chic when she looks like she raided Ace Ventura's closet. That place is the runway. 


We civilians simply cannot pull this look off at the office or the mall. But, dear reader, do not fret. We can still get in on the fun by toning it down a bit. I kept the rest of my look way simple (almost to the point of boring, some may say), pairing my prints with jeans, boots and nipping in the waist area with a simple belt. It's as easy as that! You can definitely do this too, yes?


Yes!


Shout out to the photographer whom I intended to bribe with frozen yogurt... until we got to the shop and their card reader was down and I had no cash on me. He ended up not only buying his own bribe, but mine as well. Woops.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...