02 February 2011

Granny Pants and Posing Lessons

This past Saturday Little Rock got a quick break from the insanity that is the weather. It was abso-freakin-lutely beautiful and Justin and I simply could not pass up the opportunity to take some outfit shots. Well, Justin probably could have passed it up in favor of playing the Xbox or seeing a movie or anything that didn’t involve the word “outfit,” but he was a good sport anyway. Especially considering that once we got to our destination we were immediately approached by a man who, after seeing Justin with the camera, wanted to have a long chat about photography. He was an actual photographer and perhaps unaware of the fact that we weren’t?

Next he made us guess his age.

I stood there waiting for this new acquaintance to rip my beloved camera out of Justin’s hands and start snapping shots himself.  But apparently Justin was doing fine because this man didn’t want to take pictures. It was me who needed help and he was going to teach me a thing or two about posing. I watched as he showed me how to elegantly drape myself against this tree, and sit across that bench and lean carelessly against this parking meter. He was just lovely. Except when my turn came I was not quite so GRACEFUL. My attempts were more along the lines of hanging from the tree and sprawling across the bench and…hugging the parking meter. Leave it to me to awkward it all up. 


Now this man must not be a regular patron of this blog or he would have known these photos are not about me posing for pictures. These photos are about me not owning a dress form and therefore having nothing to put the outfits on but myself. These are outfit shots, not Mallory-sitting-on-the-hood-of-a-PT Cruiser shots. Yes. He made me do that as well. It was not pretty. Needless to say, those photos will not be included in this post. Just the ones where I stand. Or sit. Sitting, I can do. You're welcome. 



























This is pretty much what Justin looked like during our whole "photo session."
"Why didn't I stay home and play Halo?"
On a completely separate note, those shorts I was sporting were a little Granny looking, yes? They are Forever 21, the tights are from Anthropologie, the blouse is jenny han, and the boots are Jeffrey Campbell.



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Well I think you look precious! Way to own it, Mallory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Racheal, you're sweet! Believe me, the other ones were not precious...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...