21 February 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Gemma top, Myne shorts, Anthropologie tights and necklace, Steve Madden heels.
This weekend I used a friend's art show as an excuse to run Old Man Winter off for good via spring pastels and silky fabrics. I've been a big fan of the shorts and tights combo as of late (mostly to avoid BLINDING those around me if light were to reflect off my alabaster legs) and threw on a floral pair under my vurry pink shorts. I was a walking, talking, Spring cliche and it. felt. great!


Being that it was an art show it only seemed appropriate to carry a clutch inspired by another artist, Andy Warhol.  "Banana, II.10"  is a well-recognized piece of art by Warhol and an unexpected muse for a handbag. By the way, I'm going to ask that you excuse the awkwardness of most of these photos. The photographer (Justin), in the spirit of artsiness, was going through what I've come to refer to as his "surprise-I'm-taking-your-picture" period (As seen below). True story.



Interested in the art seen in some of these? Check out more of Liz Noble's paintings here!

Like this post? Let us know by clicking here! Or leave a comment (we LOVE comments!)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Corey Lynn Calter made a pair of shorts (from what I can tell in these photos) that are exactly like the ones pictured here. I have them, and have been contemplating breaking them out before it is technically warm enough where I live. This is wonderful inspiration! I'll let ya know how it turns out!

    So glad I found your blog!

    Have a lovely day!

    Laurren

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means, Laurren, break them out! Even if it's not quite warm enough to wear them sans tights, they're a good reminder of the warm weather that's to come :) I'm glad you found us as well, and love what I've seen of your blog so far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...