28 April 2011

Coconut + Roses = Milkshake?

It all started with a visit to a local restaurant. Justin is a bit of a cheesecake fiend and generally has a hard time passing it up when it's available. This particular restaurant had a very special variety which involved a pinky swirly sauce drizzled all over it. From my first bite I knew what the flavor reminded me of and you should know everyone I told thought I was crazy with a capital C. The sauce tasted like roses. I found myself drawn back several more times for this rose-sauce covered cheesecake before finally being asked my the chef one night how I liked the cheesecake. "Oh, I loved it," I gushed, "Everyone thinks I'm nuts but the sauce tastes like roses!"


Do you know what his response was? "Oh, yeah it has rosewater in it." (!) Rosewater! Who knew such a thing existed? A couple of months later I ran across a recipe online for a Rose and coconut milkshake and now I'm passing the idea along. It's a lot like an extract, so a little goes a looooong way. It's also not the easiest ingredient to track down (I tried three grocery stores before I found it), but definitely worth the effort. A few rose petals as a garnish make it pretty enough to serve your mom for Mother's Day!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...