14 April 2011

Greatfruit!

If you've read this blog, you've probably seen me (Mallory) mention once or twice that I have a sweet tooth. Sadly, this fact is hard to reconcile with fitting into a wedding dress. Lately I've tried to explore my options as far as satisfying that tooth of mine while keeping my waistline in mind.


Now, I've never been a big fan of grapefruit. To me they're not tart and refreshing, they're just plain bitter. It's like they're saying, "how dare you even consider eating me" right before they bite you back. And if you really anger one he'll squirt that "tart, refreshing" juice of his at you, and in my case, aim for your eyes. That said, it seems that they've always been considered a great "diet food."


I've found a SUPER SIMPLE trick that will have them all but buying you flowers and writing you love poems (because they're so sweet. not sure that was really clear.). We're going to turn these blech-fruits into great-fruits! We're going to brown sugar and oven them into submission!


Is there anything that isn't made better by brown sugar and cinnamon? My super simple trick? Throw both of those on grapefruit halves and bake them at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. It's seriously one of the simplest things I've ever made. The brown sugar melts, the cinnamon gets all spicy and the grapefruit gets all warm and tender and juicy. It's absolutely worth a try!


P.S. Learn from my mistake! Baked grapefruit, much like the buttered side of bread, always lands facedown! Be careful when you're transporting it from baking sheet to bowl!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this, but I love grapefruit, so I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...