10 July 2011

Stay Tuned... True Blood Season 4 Episode 3



SPOILERS BELOW

Justin: Well how about that!  I'd say that episode 3 was a little bit better (at least funnier) than the previous episode.  So Eric didn't kill Sookie at the beginning of the episode, but he does seem to be telling the truth with his memory loss at the hands of the witches.  

Mallory: The humor is one thing this show usually has going for it (Eric mistakenly calling Sookie "Snooki," for example). Thankfully this week's episode did bring Sookie back into prominence (last week I started to worry that she would become irrelevant this season). With Eric all loopy from his encounter with the witches, Sookie was the first to come to his rescue. Though I was surprised that her reaction to finding out his memory was gone was to boss him around. She was lucky that memory-erased Eric is childlike and trusting rather than thirsty and merciless, like one might be inclined to believe vampire intuition might entail. 

Justin: Yeah, but he seems to remember some of the vampire "rules" like people "belonging" to an individual vampire, etc.  There are actually two things I liked about this episode.  Bill and Jessica's father/daughter relationship and how he does genuinely care about her well being.  The other thing was the apparently haunted baby doll.  I hope that comes into more prominence.  It's also interesting to see that Bill is a no-nonsense ruler who will have a vampire killed for making a mistake, even if it wasn't that vampires fault.  Pretty hardcore.  But back to that baby doll, I bet the fact that Jessica gave it to Arlene's baby and he potentially being evil will have some consequences.  Also, I don't really care that Andy is addicted to V.

Mallory: It was a little surprising to see Bill act to ruthlessly. On the other hand he does want to always cast vampires in the best light possible. He does seem to be one that most humans who encounter him trust. Speaking of humans and Bill, did anyone (other than Justin) see that whole thing with Portia Bellefleur coming? On another note, I don't care about Andy's V addiction either and for that matter, I still don't care what's going on with Jason. It seems like every season Jason has his own separate story which involves him with some girl who gets him into something crazy (taking V in season 1, a dangerously hyper-religious "group" in season 2 and now... werepanthers...).  It's getting old. 

Justin:  I kind of wouldn't be surprised if Jason dies this season.  I also think that Sam and Tommy are going to get into some trouble, potentially with their mom, that will allow one or both to shift into humans.  I think one of the best things going for this season is the increased amount of time Pam has been given.  Her dry delivery of everything she says usually cracks me up (but I also wouldn't be surprised if some sort of relationship forms between her and Tara).  I do wonder what Charlaine Harris book Sookie was reading right before her fairy godmother showed up (did anyone else catch that?).  It really made me laugh that Eric killed Sookie's fairy godmother.  I trust the vampires more than I trust these fairy people.  The one thing we haven't talked about was the lead witch (for those of you who haven't figured it out, she's Mrs. Dursley in the Harry Potter movies).  She seems to have channeled some old witch's spirit.  I wonder what the witches have to do with the fairies.  That was a lot of stuff.

Mallory: Those of you who have never had the pleasure of attending a movie with Justin should know one thing: he has an uncanny ability to ruin the story. It's insane. Any prediction that he makes has at least a 72% chance of happening, so just reading his thoughts on future episodes are kind of like reading a spoiler. That said, I'm not sure why he thinks the witches have something to do with the fairies... I do agree though, this was the best ending to an episode of this show I can remember. Eric's reaction to having killed Sooki's fairy godmother was a bit priceless. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...