14 August 2011

It's Halle Berry's Birthday!

all photos borrowed from pinterest
Halle Berry and I share a birthday. By the way, I thought for a while about how to start this post. What do you say about your own birthday? It's too exciting of a thing not to share, but then again everyone has one so is it really that exciting? I decided the most important thing you could take away from this post is that Halle Berry and I share one. So I think that makes mine a LITTLE extra exciting, yes? 

My 25th crept up at a sort of bad time this year. Don't get me wrong, August is absolutely the best month ever to have a birthday. I highly suggest you try having yours in August some time, but this particular August has just been so cram packed full of stuff I'm just not sure now's a good time for a birthday. Nothing against birthdays or anything, but when you're getting married in two-months-plus-one-day and you've just bought a house and spend every spare second trying to turn it into the cutest little one ever, you might find that you forget you even have a birthday. 

GASP! I know, right? "But Mallory!" you're thinking, "How could one forget her own birthday?" It used to be that by the end of summer I was needing some certain day to come along and be only mine and make me feel special. I will reluctantly admit that I loved the facebook birthday wishes and texts and calls. (Ok, I will not-so-reluctantly admit that I still love those things.) However this year I've been so absolutely blessed. I'm getting married! In two-months-plus-one-day to the person God chose for me way before I was even born. I have my own house! To which I can do whatever I deem fit to turn into a home. I have an excited and supportive family which has been a lifesaver in the cases of both of those two previous blessings. When you've got such amazing things running through your mind they might just take up too much space in there for a birthday to fit too. So I forgot. 

Happy birthday, Halle Berry. I hope you forgot yours this year too.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...