26 September 2011

Hi, Contrast!


Fall is officially here and between work, wedding planning, house decorating and film festival things my money and time are thin enough that my wardrobe has not been updated. However that doesn't mean my nails haven't. I'm loving all the fun things people are doing with manicures this year and it seems like inspiration is everywhere. There are no limits to what can be done.

I pulled out a very fall shade that's been sitting in my nail polish bag, unused, since winter and slathered it on as a base. I'm in love with a new matte top coat I just acquired and have been testing it over just about every shade I own. Take a look...


Fun, yeah? But a little tame on it's own. I decided to brighten it up a bit with a gold french tip. That definitely did the trick, but I decided to take it one step further with a gold glitter top coat just to add ultra contrast. Here's one more look at the finished result...




Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've been wanting to try this with a black on black, half matte, half shiny. Thanks for the info on the matte polish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...