14 November 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes


Justin's birthday is tomorrow (!) and, to celebrate, we got some friends together on Friday, which also happened to be the day that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II came out on blu ray. Being the huge Harry Potter fans that we are, I decided to make "pumpkin juice" cupcakes to ring in birthday/viewing party. 

I used this recipe, which honestly, isn't even a recipe. It's two ingredients: cake mix and canned pumpkin. Mix them together, plop the batter into a muffin tin and throw it in the oven. Seriously.

Since the cupcake was so easy, I decided to up the homemade factor by making my own frosting. I used this recipe with a couple of adjustments. I halved the recipe and it made enough to frost 10 of my 12 cupcakes. I also subbed half of the sugar with Splenda brown sugar blend and used light cream cheese (which is a given if you know me at all). Even my "healthier" version came out super yummy. It was the perfect topper to the subtle pumpkin flavor in the cupcakes. I finished them off with a little bit of gold sanding sugar to add a touch of *magic*






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...