26 February 2012

Emma Stone for President!

We will, of course, have a post recounting tonight's winners but first {and foremost, if you ask me- Mallory} let's go over the fashion. My top three favs were:



3. Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen... I guess. To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with tonight's red carpet as a whole. Picking a third favorite wasn't easy, it's just that "Top 3" has such a better ring to it than "My Two Favorites." I usually LOVE me some McQueen, and Jessica is a gorgeous girl but this combo just wasn't a home run for me. Thoughts?


2. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm jacket poor. Have been since high school. I love a good jacket. And when you take a good jacket, make it full length, remove the sleeves and slap Tom Ford's name on it, it becomes a red-carpet-worthy cape. Gwyneth Paltrow was the lucky lady who got to sport this simple yet statement-making cape/dress duo by Tom Ford, and ALL the ladies on E! let out a collective gasp when she first showed up. I have a feeling it's one that will be talked about for years to come.


3. Coral, ruffles, peplum, trains! Swoon! I would play fairy-princess-dress-up with Michelle Williams any day after seeing her in this Louis Vuitton. That's really all there is to say about this one. She made an excellent choice.

I'm really curious to know what other people thought about this. Everyone I follow on twitter couldn't get over Glenn Close in her green Zac Posen. Any favorites I missed?

P.S. How well did Emma Stone nail that Visual Effects presentation with Ben Stiller? Who knew he could, not only share, but completely give up the comedic limelight? I say she hosts next year!

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone played it safe this year. My vote went to Emma Stone for best dressed. I would die to have that dress. I also loved Gwyneth's dress, but I wish that her makeup artist had put a brighter lipstick on her. I'm so into red lips right now.

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she was! She was so committed to that mini "role" (the first-time presenter?) she was playing! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A red lip would have looked gorgeous on Gwyneth! I agree, she looks a little washed out with the blonde hair, neutral makeup and white dress... I loved Emma's dress too, for some reason I just don't seem to be able to get past the "redheads shouldn't wear red dresses on the red carpet" mental block. She would have replaced Jessica on my list if her dress had been any other color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...