23 February 2012

On Essentials

I've been girly for as long as I can remember. I love the indulgent little treats that only the ladies can enjoy. But with so many products out there it's hard to know when a product is legit and when you're just the victim to some excellent marketing. Lucky for us, places like sephora.com offer consumer reviews on the goods. In that vein, I thought I'd offer up a little word-of-mouth promotion of my own. These are all products that I have, or plan to, put on the repeat purchase list.
1. Smashbox Photo Set Finishing Powder I'm not a big fan of powder. I love foundation for the coverage and "dewiness" it provides, but the minute I set it with powder, the look is ruined. I look like I'm wearing tons of makeup and the texture of my {dry} skin immediately changes. However if I skip it  my face feels "wet" all day and makeup rubs off on clothes, my hands, sunglasses, et. all. The solution? This magic powder from Smashbox. It's super light, but sets my look perfectly without adding weight to my look. The texture is like no other powder I've used. It seems to disappear onto my skin while sealing the foundation.

2. Benefit Sun Beam This is where the "dewiness" I referred to comes from. I mix a few drops of this little potion into my liquid foundation to add a bit of radiance. Sometimes, if I'm feeling particularly glowy I'll dap a few drops onto my temples and cheekbones as well. And if you're not feeling the extreme bronze, this one comes in High Beam, a pinky shimmer, and Moon Beam, a golden glow.

3. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter This is not the first appearance this product has made on Have You Been There.com. Dry lips are not just a wintertime thing for me. I've always felt like I didn't deserve a pretty pout, that my fate was sealed. I would deal with washed-out, cracked lips forever. Revlon's lip butter delivers color and moisture in one swoop. Ah-mazing.

4. Clarisonic Skincare Brush A few years ago I went through a period of extreme stress. It took a toll emotionally and physically. It made me exhausted, moody, and maybe worst of all acne-prone {because it only increased the stress}. After a round of accutane, the problem was taken care of, but the   evidence was left behind in the form of teeny scars. My aunt saved the day on Christmas when I opened a present to find this little gem inside. I honestly don't know how the thing works, but it's like a facial in the palm of your hand. It's seriously worked wonders in front of my eyes.

5. Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat I can't be the only one who has spent precious time procuring a lovely home-made manicure, spent hours not touching anything only to go to bed and wake up with sheet marks on my nails. I've tried high-end, low-end, "quick dry," "hard dry" and everything else out there as far as top coats go. I read about Seche Vite on a couple of nail blogs {yes, sometimes I read nail blogs} but had never heard of it so I didn't give it much thought. I came across it in person the other day and felt compelled. I was shocked at how quick and well it worked. I painted my nails IN THE LOBBY OF A MOVIE THEATER and had as good a mani as if I had gone to a salon.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...