23 February 2012

Vegetable Tortellini Soup


One of my go-to recipes lately has been this Vegetable Tortellini Soup. I can't get enough of it. It's perfect for this time of year when it's still chilly {and rainy} but you know swimsuit season is not far away. It's both comforting and healthy and suuuper easy and quick to make. I make a double batch and we eat on it for a couple of days. It's also really versatile for the pickies like me. For example, I use less tomato {blech!} and more noodles {yeah!} and it still comes out perfect. And while I've been sticking to the original vegetarian recipe, you could easily adapt it for meat eaters, if you must, by subbing out the veggie broth and cheese tortellini for chicken stock and beef ravioli. I love that such simple, real ingredients can turn into something so tasty and satisfying... and that I don't feel guilty if I go back for seconds!










Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your soup looks so much tastier than the original website's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you Ashley! It really is one of my new favorites!

    The parmesan cheese doesn't hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm this soup looks ridiculously delicious- I'll have to give it a try soon!! I was reading follow up comments on Mae's blog and that's how I found yours- and I absolutely love it. And for the record- I loved how honest you were when talking about the followers thing- as a fellow blogger with under 100 I've definitely been there too- luckily your blog kicks ass and before you know it I'm sure you'll have a huge following!Starting with me as your newest follower :)

    have a great weekend,
    xo
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Laura, for your kind words! They mean a lot coming from a fellow blogger :) I loved looking through yours as well, you've got a great sense of humor to your writing! Oh, and definitely try the soup, it really is easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...