14 March 2012

Vanilla Rose Star Candies


This is one I've been looking forward to. And while I probably should have had a couple of trial runs before I documented them in a blog post, I just couldn't help myself. I was inspired by Laura {and my family roots} to make something in honor of one of the least appreciated holidays, St. Patrick's Day. And since I got engaged on the holiday a year ago, it will probably always hold an extra special place in my heart.

I've seen these pinned quite a bit on pinterest, but I decided to switch it up a little. I am completely obsessed with anything rose flavored but not too many recipes call for the flavor, so I exchanged the mint extract that the original recipe called for for rose water. They turned out amazing! I was also surprised at how easy I found it to use the pastry bag to pipe out little star shapes.

DISCLOSURE These are in no way healthy. They use an obscene amount of sugar. Mine are going to work with me so they're not around the house, tempting us!

Here is the recipe I used.




Couldn't have done it without my sous chef, Vito.



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yum!!! These look great! My little trick is to send the leftovers home with my Dad.

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought a box of them to work with me and told all the men I'd cry if they didn't eat them... I think some of them took me seriously because it worked ;)

      Delete
  2. those look so delicious...and dangerously addictive- i am so going to have to try these!!! and thanks for linking up to me- you're too sweet :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...