12 April 2012

Meringues


It's rare {as in never} that I crave a meringue. I have quite the sweet tooth, and if I'm going to let myself have a cookie, I usually want it sticking out of a cupcake. But I saw a photo of a meringue this morning and, for some reason, had to have one. I perused a few online recipes and realized that they are super easy to make and require very few ingredients, most of which I already had {what is the purpose of cream of tartar, by the way?}.

It turned out that they actually were incredibly easy, and nearly foolproof. The hardest part was the wait for them to be ready to eat. I happened to have had some pastry bags and one last tip, so I piped little clouds, but you could just as easily make meringue dollops and they'd be just as tasty! Here is the recipe I used. The only thing I wish I had done differently was to add more food coloring, like the recipe says. Mine turned out a bit grayish, rather than the lavender I was going for. Still taste good though!


Yes, that's our Save the Date. Framed. Next to our mixer...







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...