13 June 2012

Balsamic Strawberry Popsicles


Justin and I decided to test ourselves with a little dietary challenge recently. Being the ice cream/cheese/yogurt enthusiasts that we are, he thought it might be a good idea to cut dairy out of our diet for a couple of weeks to, you know get healthier. Here is what I learned: I will never, ever, ever be a vegan, ever. I also learned that there are healthier, more nutrient-rich methods of satisfying a sweet tooth than dumping ice cream on it ("them" in my case, as I'm certain I've got more than one sweet tooth).

I came across this recipe for homemade balsamic strawberry popsicles and loved that it only used four ingredients, all of which I already had. I also loved that they came out better than anything I could have bought at the grocery store. They had so much flavor from their real ingredients. I subbed out the sugar in the recipe for agave nectar and they came out just fine.








Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Those look awesome!!! I'll be giving this recipe a try.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really were tasty! And suuuuuper easy to make- win!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...