07 January 2011

Photoshop Fail

Mallory here, and one of my favorite Christmas presents this year was the gift of photo manipulation. While I had previously been intimidated by the array of tools and options that Photoshop offers, I decided to bite the bullet and ask for it anyway. After opening it up on Christmas morning I quickly armed myself with a brand new Magic Mouse and Photoshop for Dummies, and set of on my quest for knowledge.

I started off simple (two Justins at one table!) and felt quite satisfied with myself. This stuff was easy. I had mastered Photoshop in one of my first tries! And then the bomb hit. As I was chatting with a friend, showing off my two Justins, he asked if I could make him and his friends into superheroes. "Sure," I said, "no problem!" I had him send me photos of said friends and searched for superhero bodies to paste their heads onto. This would be a piece of cake (Italian creme cake, in fact).

I was quickly brought back to reality. Cutting and pasting heads wasn't enough. They didn't look like superheroes at all. They looked like real heads on cartoon bodies. I spent hours over the next three days trying to combine them into something presentable. I had promised superheroes and would not let this friend down. After all that time they still came out ridiculously cheesy and fake looking, which is why I'm posting them here. I need the blog-o-phere to hold me accountable. I need to actually read my dummies book and practice and do the work to become a real photoshopper. Maybe this is my New Year's Resolution, or maybe I just thought everyone could use a laugh at my expense. Either way, I'm committing myself right now to spend the next year crafting this potential skill.









Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...