04 January 2012

T.L.C. for your L.I.Ps

photo via pinterest
Something I've struggled with for as long as I can remember is dry lips. And it's not only a when-winter-hits sort of thing, it's an all-the-time thing for me. On top of this, I've never been very good at keeping them moisturized. I hate the cheap, waxy taste some lip moisturizers leave behind and I cringe at the thought of having nothing to wipe my fingers on after using something from a pot. As if this wasn't enough, I am a girl and I do want some color. Here are a few things that have been really working for me lately!

Baby Lips by Maybelline is a fairly new product to the market. The color is subtle but the moisture is not. Another thing that's not subtle is the scent. I found it to be a little overbearing, but ultimately it's not enough to stop me from wearing it. This is definitely a new staple.
Another one I'm loving is Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter. This one is more like a traditional lipstick that moisturizes. It deposits a good amount of color and I've found that it's buildable. If I want subtle color one coat does it. If I want more of a statement, I can layer it on. Perfect!

This one's a bit of a secret weapon. My aunt gave me a tub of Merle Norman Super-Lube at Christmas one year and I haven't been without it since. The stuff's magic. I put it on at night before bed and when I wake up in the morning {stop me if this is too much} it's like the top layer of skin just... comes off. Amazing.


Last is another one from Revlon. Just Bitten is a lipstain, which might sound scary but really shouldn't be. A lipstain is quite different from a long wearing lipstick and much less drying. Bonus- this one comes with a balm attached to finish off the look and add the moisture back.

I hope this is something you don't have to deal with, and if you do, I hope it's only seasonally. But either way, these are some products that come highly recommended by yours truly!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...