18 July 2011

Stay Tuned... True Blood Season 4 Episode 4


SPOILERS BELOW

Justin:  Well after last week's awesomely hilarious episode this week's was bound to disappoint a little. Probably the best thing, was that Bill's new girlfriend turns out to be his great great great grandaughter.  Who knew Vampire relationships would have such consequences.  I don't think anyone would have really cared for her as his new girlfriend for too long anyway.  But let's get back to the beginning.  At the end of last week's Eric killed Sookie's fairy godmother (which it turns out didn't happen that way in the books we learned).  It's really funny to see Eric drunk off of fairy blood.  Now that I think about it, there actually was a lot that happened in this episode.

Mallory: Sookie seems to be relying quite a bit on Alcide for help with managing all these supernaturals in her life. Does that relationship seem forced to anyone else? I guess it was last season that they became friends, but the fact that they suddenly care so much for each other isn't very convincing to me. The writers seem to be confusing a crush with a true relationship. I'm still a fan of "lost-memory" Eric. He's so pure and sweet and I think it's cute that Sookie has taken it upon herself to keep him safe. I wouldn't mind if he stayed this way and those two got together. Is that wrong? Speaking of him staying this way, is it really necessary for these witches to try to reverse whatever spell they put on him? If Pam weren't putting the pressure on them to "fix" him, would anyone really have a problem with him remaining the confused version of himself?

Justin: I think Pam (and I guess Bill would if he knew) are really the driving force behind doing that.  It does seem that the evil witch spirit residing in the lead witch (I've already forgotten her name) is really able to take on vampires.  I'm glad that Jason was able to escape the silly werepanthers.  We'll see if he actually is one, but it does seem like his story is finally moving forward.  It seems like he's beginning to get interested in Jessica, especially when she gave him her blood.  But was that just him falling off the wagon with his first taste of V in 3 years or was he just suddenly interested in Jessica?  I see troubles brewing between Jason and Hoyt.

Mallory:  I completely forgot about that with Jason and Jessica! That might bring about some interesting conflict. But then again, would he really be interested in her or would it just be the V talking? Speaking of Jessica, that doll she gave Arlene's baby popped up again. Do we think that her baby really is evil, or is it that he's just in possession of that evil baby doll? It really could go either way. The "not your baby" message on the wall came right after Terry gave the baby a talk about his family ("that's your mother, I'm your daddy" etc.) So was the message on the wall a response from the baby saying, "Um, no dude, you're not my daddy. I'm not your baby" or was it the evil doll saying "I'm not yours! I'm supposed to belong to Jessica!"

Justin:  I'm not sure, but I bet it gets Terry to start believing Arlene when she says the baby's evil.  There's a couple of things we haven't talked about.  One Sam and Tommy's storyline.  Tommy's been captured by his parents again, and is going to (we assume) be forced back into shifting into a dog for dog fights.  Sam is trying to date that lady-shifter who can turn into a person (but I hope can you remember her name, because I sure can't).  She's got a daughter, and it was nice seeing Sam play with her, but that little girl's daddy is some werewolf, that isn't too happy that he's split up with What's-Her-Name.  The other thing I want to touch on is the Tara/Lafayette/Jesus and the Witch storyline.  It was a little too much of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer rip off when they were all looking through spell books trying to figure out a way to get Eric's memory back.  That's one of my main problems with the whole show, there are a lot of aspects that seem like rip offs.  The second season itself ripped off the 4th season of Angel.  I think that about covers it all.  Seacrest Out.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...