31 July 2011

Stay Tuned... True Blood Season 4 Episode 6


Justin: I think we're going to get this started so...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Justin:  So this episode really showcased Sam Trammell's acting talent.  Sam Trammel is Sam Merlot, and when Sam's brother Tommy shifted into Sam this showed through.  It's really probably some of the best acting I've seen in a while.  A comparison can be made to Helena Bonham Carter in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Part II when she is portraying Hermione as Bellatrix LeStrange, but I'd actually say that Trammel did a better job than her.


Mallory: Look at how humble he is, not even throwing it in our faces that he predicted that Tommy would gain the ability to shift into humans. I kind of hate that he messed up the potentially good thing Sam had going on though. Speaking of relationships going sour, Tara was able to save hers in this episode. Only to have Pam show up at the end an do her darnedest to wipe her out. I guess we can finally see where that conflict will come into play and actually make sense. We can finally understand why someone is actually mad at Tara.  


Justin:  That's true.  I'm also very glad that Jason isn't werepanther, and I think you are too.  Finally, we have a normal human (for now).  I'm glad.  Also now that he's not a supernatural, now there's ghosts and spirits and possessions.  But it looks like Arlene's fear isn't quit coming true.   Who was that young woman that was waving to her baby and saved it from the fire?  Speaking of the fire, I don't know how I feel about Andy Bellefleur dating that witch waitress lady (I can't remember her name).


Mallory: Seeing the waving lady probably made me more interested than I've been in Arlene/Terry/baby's story. Gotta have something to do with that doll, yeah? The lady seemed benevolent and the baby likes her, so why did she set their house on fire (if it was her who did it)? I agree, Andy doesn't really deserve a love interest. Is that mean? I don't care, he's gotten mean and I don't like him anymore. I do, however, like Eric and Sookie and I do like that Bill let Eric go when he realized that Eric had true feelings for Sookie. I still don't like Bill though. 


Justin:  I guess the main thing we haven't spoken about is Marnie and Lafayette and Jesus.  Marnie's now possessed, so she can actually be a villain instead of some weird victim.  Also I'm more interested in what's going on with Lafayette now.  Who knows.  Overall I enjoyed the episode, and I do feel like it's getting better.  We'll see how it goes again. We forgot to talk about Alseed and the werewolf pack in Shreveport.  I think the pack leader is Sam's GF's ex husband.  Something tells me.  We shall see!


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I was so glad Jason didn't shift. His line about the idiots in Hotshot was pretty awesome too.

    I'm really confused about that doll with Arlene/Terry/baby. Didn't it originally belong to Jessica? Did the waving lady merely save the baby from the fire that Rene's ghost caused?

    Finally, I agree about Sam's chops. He did the Tommy walk/attitude very well. I'd say much better than LeStrange/Granger, but I have a problem with Carter's portrayal of LeStrange that probably gives me too much bias. That's a discussion for another post I suppose. (I do feel like I should say that I love Helena Bonham Carter though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've caught a few episodes its interesting, but I'm more of a "twilight" ,purrest... I like you guys commentary though, ever considered screenwrighting??? Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- We do know that the doll first appeared on the floor of the house that Hoyt and Jessica bought and Jessica gave it to the baby in order to get rid of it. There's definitely something up there though!

    Joshua- I think True Blood is definitely a show you need to see from the beginning to appreciate. Catching random episodes out of context would probably make it seem really silly. Glad you enjoy the commentary though! If you watch Entourage you might like Justin's weekly posts on that too!

    As far as screenwriting, we wrote a short (my first!) which is currently in post production. We've got at least a million ideas between us for more scripts :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...