10 April 2012

Sorry for the absence

Justin here.  So lately I haven't had the opportunity to post very much for various reasons and I want to apologize for that and let you know about what's been going on.  Aside from my day job I just recently put on the Little Rock Film Festival's very first Little Rock Horror Picture Show back in the middle of February.  We showcased some of the latest and best horror and genre films from around the globe. It was a huge success and will happen again next March so be sure to look for it and attend! Here are the two trailers for the two big winners from the festival:

Audience Award Winner Madison County.


Grand Jury Prize Winner Exit Humanity.


Since the Horror Picture Show I've also been tapped as the Shorts Programmer for the Little Rock Film Festival which is this May 29 - June 3.  So every single night when I get home from work I sit down and watch every short film submitted to the festival and the best ones I find will be showcased in the festival itself.



Also following the horror festival I served as Assistant Director on the short film Side-a-roadia from Europa (written by Mallory and me) and Going to Hell director Bruce Hutchinson.  Side-a-roadia stars Warren McCullough who was also the lead actor in Europa. Side-a-roadia is now in post production and should be finished sometime this late summer or early fall.

Warren McCullough and I decided to make another short film and are over halfway through pre-production on the Film Strangers. I wrote it and am serving as producer and Warren is acting and directing this story of two brothers estranged for twelve years due to violence in their past who have now come together and must deal with violence again in the present.  It's our way of turning the southern gothic genre on its head and we're both really excited about it.  Mallory designed the poster for it which I'm including below.  In the meantime please go like Strangers on Facebook! The more likes we have the bigger and better the film will be.  We'll also be updating you on the film over the course of production and post production.

Now for the blog, you can start looking forward to more movie and music posts from me in the near future including our review of Cabin in the Woods sometime this weekend.  Also Mad Men is fantastic this season if you're not caught up and watching it you should be. and the song "Too Close" by Alex Clare is pretty awesome so go listen to it.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...