07 February 2012

Have Some Fun.

My new favorite band is Fun. Literally. They're also fun. They're really fun, actually. Just don't try to google them. It will probably confuse you. Or have I done that already? Let's start over.

Photo via
This is a new band Justin just discovered called Fun. It's pretty much the most perfect, succinct moniker this band could have chosen for itself because there's no better way to describe their style than "fun."

I used to be one of those people who thought they liked all music. Well, except country, of course. And turn off that jazz. And, well, Radiohead makes me feel weird. Before I knew it, I looked up and realized I was downright picky about music. That said, I have an intense weakness for pop music that sounds theatrical. No, I don't have albums upon albums of Broadway hits. I don't like showtunes, I like pop music that sounds like it should be performed. Think Queen and Muse. And now think Fun.

So pull up your spotify or grooveshark or turntable or whatever you use to listen to music. Do it to them. If you still need some convincing, check out the video for their song We Are Young, featuring Janelle Monae below!







Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Great video & song. The lead guitarist appears to be Jack Antonoff of Steel Train. Steel Train is another "Fun" band, especially to see them live.

    Michael M.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...