10 January 2011

The Sound of Music to our Ears: Part II




It's been a while since we posted our playlists, and since we've both been stuck inside due to snow, we thought now might be a good time for us to recommend some tunes. We said this last time, but Grooveshark is a complete lifesaver (they're not paying us, we promise. we just love it that much). You can find all the songs listed below- and billions more- on there and it's free to listen. So, enough jabbering, let's get to the music.



Mallory's Playlist


As much as I love Grooveshark, it can't take all the credit for this playlist. The following is a list of songs that my pandora station introduced me to. Being that it is January, I'm feeling a little bluesy. So without further ado, allow me to introduce you to my pandora-inspired-January-bluesy playlist. Click here to listen to it!


  • "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked"- Cage the Elephant
  • "Elevator" - The Black Keys
  • "Home" - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
  • "I Turn My Camera On" - Spoon
  • "Level" - The Raconteurs
  • "My My My" - Golden Animals
  • "Out in the Woods" - Leon Russell
  • "The Denial Twist" - The White Stripes
  • "When the Lights Go Out" - The Black Keys
  • "Expressway to Your Heart" - Blues Brothers 
     
     Justin's Playlist

from g4tv.com
    My playlist is a mostly a mellow mix of recent songs and not so recent songs that are nice to listen to when the ground is covered in snow.  It's fairly diverse mix that provides a decent glimpse into my musical taste.  The music is pretty different from Mallory's list, namely in that it is much more electronic and less guitar driven.  I tend to gravitate toward electronic elements in music for some reason I can't explain.    Click here to listen.




    • "Old Fashioned" - Cee Lo Green
    • "Space Dementia" - Muse
    • "Fall For Your Type" - Jamie Foxx featuring Drake
    • "Derezzed" - Daft Punk (Tron OST)
    • "Stereo Love (Radio Mix)" - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina
    • "What's My Name?" - Rihanna featuring Drake
    • "Idioteque" - Radiohead
    • "Poor Leno" - Royksopp 
    •  
        If you liked this post or others please follow us or like us.  Look to the right for more info!



      Pin It

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...