07 March 2011

Rolling Like a Big Shot

Spinach and Prosciutto Lasagna Rolls and Raspberry Lemonade
Several times now, I've borrowed this spinach/prosciutto lasagna recipe from everyone's favorite Italian-word-pronouncing chef-ette, Giada de Laurentis. I've even gotten comfortable enough with it to add my own spin sometimes- subbing roasted vegetables for some non-carnivorous friends. However, the original is so tasty I always come back to it. It's always a big hit because everyone loves a meal with a twist right? This is definitely not your everyday ground-beef-and-noodles variety of lasagna. It's made up of rolls, not layers and thus oodles more special, but it's just as easy to make. I do have to confess that I used jarred sauce in place of the homemade bechamel. It was just as yummy without it. I've made it both ways, and the store-bought sauce was one corner that was definitely worth cutting.

This looks like the face of a chef you'd trust, right?
Ingredients
Noodles Cooking

Spinach, Prosciutto and Ricotta Filling

Rolling the Rolls

Sauce Homemade in a Factory

Lots of Cheese Finishes it Off

The Final Product

Justin Doing His Part
I've got a decent sized sweet tooth (or seven) so it's rare that I'll turn down dessert. I just learned this weekend that Angel Food cake is one of Justin's favorites and immediately sprang into action. Sugar free angel food cake topped with strawberries and light whipped cream is extremely satisfying and wonderfully kind to your waistline. 







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...